Tuesday, May 15, 2012

favorite


I always feel a little bit unoriginal when I really enjoy things that are so universal (hmm..isn't that why they're universal!?), but this Shakespeare sonnet has always made me pause and read through it several times. I think it's the fact that it echoes the well-known passage on love in 1 Corinthians. It reminds me that love is something set in our hearts by our Creator, and the expression of love is a reflection of who He is. I'm so thankful that He truly loves us to perfection; it motivates me to work out that kind of love in my own life. 
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)
Lit was always my favorite class throughout school. Were you guys literature nerds too? What quotes and Scripture passages are inspiring you lately?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessa,

    Yes, I am a literature nerd as well. I'm typically reading several books at the same time, and God's Word and Bible commentaries and devotionals daily. Great Shakespeare sonnet and connection to 1st Corinthians 13. As for inspiring Scripture passages, my life verse which guides my every decision is Isaiah 6:8-"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? ”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!"

    My prayer is to walk faithfully and listen for God's still small voice in my life and be ready to say "Here I Am. Send Me!" What an awesome God we serve and He deserves our dedication and total commitment to live for Him.

    Blessings,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete