Wednesday, May 2, 2012

good things















Good things is something I've been doing for a few years now, and it seemed like a natural series to include here at WanderLove. It's simply a collection of the things in my life that are worth celebrating (big or small), and I find that writing them out especially helps me to overcome my tendency to complain. Life does come with frustrations, but I find that when I look at the big picture, they are usually small things in comparison to all the blessings God has graciously given. Even during our lowest moments, counting our blessings can remind us of the joy we have been given in Christ Jesus! I know sharing my own good things on a regular basis will keep me on my toes looking for the blessings that I'm taking for granted, and I can't wait to hear all of your good things as well! Let's take a few moments today to encourage each other with a joyful and thankful heart for all the good things in our lives. Here are mine:

The sweet lady at Subway who gave us a discount and a free cookie for Lorelei during a 9 hour drive. Sharing little jokes and laughing with husband. Hearing my baby girl mimic words and sounds. Sleeping in after a few days of having to get up way too early. Mexican cheese dip. Coffee (always). Finding something special I thought I'd lost. The very nice policeman who pulled us over because of a broken headlight (which we just had fixed several weeks ago!) and not only didn't give us a ticket, was very friendly at 7am. Looking forward to being with family to dedicate Lorelei on Mother's Day. Planning something fun for husband's 27th coming up!

I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys are celebrating too! :)

Don't forget, you have through Friday to enter the giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. The gift of seeing our babies ultra sound and everything looking healthy. A job where I can bring my girls and be with them for the few hours I'm there. Aldi- even if it isn't the best quality produce I still get to eat my favorites for cheap. Spending a few hours each night with my hubs, just the 2 of us.

    This is great Jessa. Just writing a few of these things out I can see helps me to see the bright side of things! I may have to start doing this. How often do you write 'good things'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to try to do it once a week but then I got out of the habit. Usually I will come up with a mental list, but I think getting back to writing them will help me make sure I'm consistent! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Jessa! Discovered your music and your blog today. Loving your album so much! :) Thank you for writing such true, honest, and inspirational music that praises the Lord.

    And I really appreciate your blog, as well! I just started a similar series on my blog, inspired by yours: http://aplacetodwell.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/giving-thanks/

    Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement! I look forward to following your continued adventures here on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you are sharing the love on your blog, Katie! I hope it will continue to spread the spirit of thankfulness and joy in Christ far and wide. :)

      Delete