Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

Photo taken by Char Beck (www.charbeck.net)
Happy Memorial Day friends! I hope you are able to enjoy the day, but more than that, I hope we are able to take time to honor those who have given their lives to defend our country and our freedom. No matter where we fall on a political scale, we are beyond blessed to be the recipients of the sacrifice of so many. I am humbled by the selflessness of those who have given their lives, and as we remember the fallen, I am also so very grateful for those currently serving our country.


Last week during a co-write with another mom who is farther along in her journey of motherhood, I discovered that her son is serving in the military. We had a short conversation about the sacrifice it takes not just from those who serve, but from their loved ones as well. I am profoundly grateful for the men and women who give their own time, and for those loved ones who also sacrifice. Thank you to all who serve in any capacity. You are in our thoughts and prayers, and I hope today is a special one for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment