Thursday, May 31, 2012

life in pictures

My photography skills are pretty laughable, and I often forget to take pictures altogether. I've decided that instead of spending time learning to use my camera or waiting for a nicer one until I get in the habit, I am going to do my best to document life on my ever-present iPhone.

Hopefully some day my photography skills will improve (check out this series for some great tips!) but in the mean time, I'm enjoying being able to capture little moments whenever and wherever they happen. Last weekend the temperature reached record highs and Lorelei played in the sprinkler for the first time. She loved grabbing the little flowers, letting daddy swing her through the water streams, and especially drinking from the fountain. I got a massive scone craving over the weekend, so I pulled up Prudent Baby's recipe for Kevin's famous scones. They really are fantastic, and not at all dry like most scones I've encountered. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I ate almost the whole batch by myself. So. Good. In lieu of the high temperatures, I also did a little summer wardrobe shopping. I am not much of a shorts gal, but I've come to accept that it's really not practical to live in Tennessee and not own some decent pairs of shorts. I finally broke down and bought some colored jeans as well‐they are so cheery! I might have a new sartorial addiction...

Our Memorial Day weekend was spent relaxing with friends and family, taking advantage of our remaining days at home before we get busy touring again. Attending our own church was such a treat, and Jeremy's message was exactly what I needed to hear. It was a humbling reminder that even if we have the heart to pour out everything we have in worship to Jesus, if we try to do it on our own strength we are no better than those who don't worship at all. I needed to hear the words he spoke, and I'm so thankful for a church that prioritizes Jesus Christ and the message of the gospel.

I hope you're having a great week‑isn't it crazy how a long weekend can make the following week feel so short? Did you do anything unusual for Memorial Day, or did you keep it low-key like we did? I'm still feeling so grateful for our service people, past and present, who have made so many sacrifices on our behalf.

Photo template by PuglyPixel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment